Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Finding Treasures

Dear Readers,

Today was a very happy day at the mad's scientists side of the world. I spent some quality time with my man doing some treasure hunting in a second hand store in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.

We have a chain of second hand stores who are called Kringloop Winkel. There are a couple in every city, and they sell practically everything from a button to a couch. some of the things are very cheap and some of them are more expensive, but let's just say it goes between 0.10 Euros to 300 Euros.

There are a lot of vintage items there. I just love the boxes they have, since they are really crafts, I use them for everything, from storing cookies, buttons, pens etc. and they all have such wonderful printing on them.

I got two: one with a print of Albert Heijn (which is practically the godfather of supermarkets in Holland), and the other is a really nice one, of a printout of an old dutch house , like those you see in Amsterdam, and it fits 1 packet of flour, to start my bakery laboratory again hehe :)

On top of that I got 3 cooking books: a eastern dutch one with Indonesian recipes for all the sauces we make for stir fry and, one grandma's cooking dutch book, with all kind of vintage recipes, the other one is a calories guide in Dutch, for all the dutch foods.


I love Sesame street (well who doesn't) and I am especially crazy about Elmo. And so I was so happy to find this box in the store, I am already thinking about what to put in it, any ideas?


Yesterday i opened a "Crafty Tula" page on Facebook, with all kind of organizing tips, please like my page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Crafty-Tula/224832560925642?sk=wall

and here is the first tip of the day from the page, I will post some from time to time here too, and refer my Facebook readers to my blog as well. If you guys have any organizing tips, please do share/ comment below.


Tip of the day : 

How to organize your sheets so you can easily find one whole set:

If you don't want to to search so hard after those hiding sheets, just put all the sheets you are folding into one pillow case, that way you wouldn't have to think hard when you are trying to match your sheets to your pillow cases, and while you arrange them in your closet, it also looks neat.


Later on I realized I have 2 chicken breasts in the fridge which I have to make, so what is better than to make oatmeal schnitzels.
They are always crispy, very healthy and very tasty, or as my man said after eating it : Did you buy this or make this ? (what a nice compliment, I guess he liked 'em).

For all of you who want to know how to make them, here is the recipe, unfortunately I couldn't take a picture of the final schnitzels, since my man ate them all too fast , Enjoy :)

Oatmeal Covered Schnitzels:


Ingredients:
2 Chicken Breasts
1 Egg
Chicken Soup Powder
Oatmeal
Sunflower Oil

Preparation:
1) Cut the chicken breasts into thin slices.
2) Put some oatmeal in a deep bowl
3) Mix the Egg with the chicken soup powder, than add a bit water and mix it all together. Add the chicken slices to the bowl and let it marinade for 2 hours.

4) after 2 hours in the fridge, warm a pan with some sunflower.

5) Put the chicken slices in the oatmeal and use it to cover them completely.
6) fry the schnitzels.
7) Serve with some white rice or with fries.
Bon Appetite...



No comments:

Post a Comment