Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Jolly Spirit

Boy we had a wonderful time last night with our best friends Lisa and Hans.
They are pagans, and they are celebrating Yule, which is the holiday of the bringing back of the light.

They sure did bring back the light to our housy. We had a very nice dinner together, drank bubbly pink champagne and had lots of laughter and jokes. Later on we talked about politics and religion, and found out that my religion (I'm Jewish) has similar holidays like they have.

They gave us a very nice Christmas card, they are indeed fab friends, and it said for many more Christmases together ... Hans and Lisa. they are just the best friends.



We switched gifts and I got some very nice things, and so did my man:
I got a notebook, some writing materials (since Lisa is gonna give me some language lessons every Monday which is very sweet of her), a dutch dictionary, some mint chocolate (yummy), a game to recognize songs from a CD , some butterflies to put on the window and a beautiful tablecloth, now our living room doesn't look so bad anymore. here are some pics of it:








Later in the afternoon I spoke with my sweet little niece Dana, she is 8 years old, and practically a genius. She actually knows how to work an IPod, an IPad, she has her own email , and she chats with her friends on skype. When I was her age I couldn't even read English. How amazing is that?
So we put some nice hats on, and she made an impression of Santa Claus. She showed me a necklace she got from her mom with the letter D on it, for Dana, she is my best friend. I love her to death.



When she was born, a huge light came into my life, I really hope that I have a daughter like her one day. She is the most sweet, funny, cute , smart and mature little girl I have ever met, and we always have fun together. We always laugh and have fun. Children are just a wonder, now aren't they?


Here she is making her own interpretation of Santa Claus, Beard and everything :)






And to finish today's post with a healthy recipe ,
Yesterday me and my man made a very nice healthy Salad for lunch, with Tuna and potatoes, it was so delicious, here is the recipe:

Lunch Tuna Salad:

Ingredients
1 Package of Green leaves
2 Tomatoes
1 Pilled potato
1 Can of Tuna
1 Paprika
250 gr mushrooms
1 Can of olives stuffed with feta cheese
4 small gherkins
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper

Preparation
Cut the tomatoes , the gherkins and the mushrooms into cubes.
Fry the mushrooms with a bit of olive oil
Cut the paprika into long pieces, put them in the oven for 15 minutes with a bit salt and olive oil.
Crust the potato in the oven with the paprika's
Put the greens in a big bowl, mix it with the rest of the ingredients, than put the tuna on top.
Make a salad sauce from 1/3 cup olive oil, salt and pepper.

Stay happy and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment