Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year

I love Oliebollen.
Oliebollen are the dutch doughnuts. They are balls with raisins in them fried in deep oil. In Israel we call them Sufganya, and we fill them with Jam.
We eat them to celebrate Hannukah and the miracle of the Menorah that gave light for 8 days instead of one. That's why there are a lot of oily foods around these times of the year. Here is an Oliebol:
Here is the Jewish version, the sufganya:

I love both versions.
In this time of the year, the streets in Holland are full with stools which sell those everywhere, it's beautiful.
I had my official one yesterday with my man, and this is how we looked after it. 

I wasn't around so much since I went to the hospital and was busy with my health for a couple of days. 
The doctor thinks I mave have a conidtion called : Cushing's Disease, which means that I have extra Cortisol in my body. And that makes me tired, anxious, nervous, fat (I gained 30 kg's in 2 years), and I have a very swollen belly all the time. 

There are a lot more symptoms. If you are interested in knowing you can read about it here:

Since this condition becomes worse when I am stressed (since Cortisol is the stress hormone), I am going to talk about happy things now :

Tonight we are going to celebrate new years with our best friends Hand and Lisa, we are going to have a nice dinner and drink champagne and play games and just see the fireworks. 

Here in Holland, it's legal to have fireworks throughout the last day of the year, so throughout the day, children are playing with fireworks. It's a bit scary since I am not used to those sounds of explosions, but I can't wait till tonight when it's all pretty and the fireworks are amazing!!! 

I WISH YOU ALL A WONDERFUL (HEALTHY) 2012 , 
may it bring joy in your homes and love in your arms

Cheers from the mad scientist 

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about the Cushing's Disease. I did read about it; tragic when bad things happen to such good people.
    I was thinking about you yesterday. We took our daughter, son-in-law, and grand kids to a movie- The Muppets. It's basically an extended version of the old TV show - lots of nostalgia. And the (human) female lead, Amy Adams looks like a red haired blue eyed Tula.
    Be strong, be happy.

    ReplyDelete