Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas and a Happy Hannukkah!

You know what I love? that feeling of waking up in your own home, after a good night sleep.
I have been tired for years and now I actually have the time to rest.

The last couple of years I have moved (get this) 6 times , and that includes intra continental (Europe Middle east) and in Europe.

So now, I am glad I'm home. I really feel that my current house is the place I wanna be in for the next 10-20 years.
Me and my man have recently moved to our own house (een huisje as you say in Dutch, which mean a tiny house). when we just moved in it was a complete wrack, but with the help of friends and family we made it nice.
We still don't have furniture or even a floor to the first floor, but that would come in the future. Creativity is a very important thing indeed. I found out a lot about how a person can manage with nothing if he has love. yeah, it's a cliche, but it's also true.
My man told me something beautiful , he said that whenever he passed by our house and he saw the two hearts hanging through the window, he said to himself, there are two hearts living in that house...



Yesterday I got a present from my man, some warm slippers, a tea box with different kinds of tea, and 2 amazing cooking books: one called Wok about Chinese cooking (my favourite cuisine) and the other is my ultimate favorite cupcakes (yay!) which I love.
My man always tells me I am a great baker, and since all my other cooking books are gone (That's for a separate blog), I am starting my new collection now.
If anyone has any cooking books he doesn't need, please do share, I love recipes of all kind.here are some pictures of my christ-hanukkah gift:







I returned from Israel after a 3 months stay and me and my man had to be apart for 2 weeks, and I found these signs everywhere around the house when I got back, the second one literally means hi ima (we call each other ima en aba , hebrew for mom and dead, like in a family, how we want our children to call us) aba missed you. I thought it was so cute...




Since we couldn't afford a Christmas tree, my man was creative enough to make this wonderful drawing of a Christmas tree with a menorah underneath, I thought it was so beautiful of him. I missed him so much.



I brought 2 important pieces back with me from Israel:
the first is just a regular door sign, but it was our door sign in the one place we were happy in, so I thought I would rub some of the happiness in on this current house, so it lasts, and so it's hanging on or front door now:


The second is very important to me:
It's a mezuza of my grandfather. It's what Jewish people put on their doors as a symbol of a Jewish person living in the house . I couldn't be more proud that my man put this on our threshold, saying the blessing together. I feel like my grandpa is protecting our house now.I feel he would be proud of me for placing a mezuza again and being proud I am Jewish in Europe since he experienced the holocaust and always had to hide his religion. I miss you Saba Jacob (Hebrew for grandpa is Saba).



Tonight I am going to visit a different grandpa, that's my man's grandpa (or opa as we say in dutch, and as we call him). We are going to have christmas dinner, and we are going to stay with him, since we are his only family. he reminds me a bit of my opa, so I feel lucky I have a opa again.

On Monday we are going to have dinner with very dear friends. We spent Wednesday dinner with them and Lisa, my friend gave us beautiful candles to light and "bring the light to our lives again" as she said. so we took them with us to remind ourselves of our wishes every time we light them. We got them some nice gifts, which I would tell you about later, and I hope they will like them, considering we have a very low budget...

I wish you all a fantastic holiday, and see you soon,

Signing off... the mad scientist :)

No comments:

Post a Comment