Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Soulmates and Underwater friends





Sometimes our friends need help. Friends are wonderful, espcially if they walk on four. A pet can be your friend forever.
This post is dedicated to Mika and Mori my friends , A.K.A Mikmik and Morisson.

We will miss you forever
Everyday of our lives


In 2004 I adopted them from the shelter. They were very sad and lonely. Mori was 4.5 years old and spent all his life in that cage, and since he didn't bark anymore, I thought it would be just obligatory to take him, since he had given up , and you should never give up. He never barked or bitten anyone. Such a good friend.

Mori is a mixed Koker and coli, and he loves his ball so much. He is the greatest friend anyone could ask for. My man and him had a special bond always.
Mori was insecure until my man gave him confidence. They truly bonded in a soulful way. My man looked after him so good, and Mori followed him everywhere, like the true friend that he was. Every walk they had was memorable.

Mori is loved by everyone who sees him, the vet loved him since even when he got his shots, he never resisted.
Mori had a few surgeries in his ears but he is strong and surviving. Coming to be almost 13 years now. I am so proud of you old geyser.

Mika, or as I called her, Mikmik, was 1 year old when I adopted her. She was sharing her cell in the shelter with her brother Mori. I saw her eyes at the back of the cage when I took Mori out and she spoke to me: " Hey there, are you really not going to take me with you? wait! ", and that's exactly what I shouted to the shleter people,"Wait I am taking her too".

She came with me home. She was very sick, she had Distemper. That is a sort of a fatal disease in dogs, that has a very low survival rate. But , I didn't give up on her. I looked so hard online and found out that giving her a lot of vitamin C can help her immune system heal itself. Though everyone thought I was crazy, I didn't give up on her.
I will never forget how I held her the first whole night...she was sleeping in my arms and I whispered to her "Hey , You are not going anywhere, you are staying here with me, you have a home, don't worry, be strong, just please heal and rest".

Mika is now almost 10 years old. And she is amazingly smart. I think she is sort of a labradoodle. And she chose me as her owner. She could: Open doors herself, talk with her eyes, read your mind, let you do her hair any shape you want it, and be happy with it, come when you are sad and give you a lick on the nose, steal your toilet paper role and walk with it all over the house, grab your garbage can and spread it allover the floor, since she had true fear of abandon. But I understood her, since I have it too.

We had amazing times together, laughing our hearts out, crying together, being scared together, being brave together. Thank you friends for giving this to us.

I had to leave them behind 2 years ago when I came to Holland. I had no money to take care of them and Mori was too sick to go on an airplane later.
There is no day I regret leaving them behind. I am sorry for that, although I know it was the best thing for them, since they are safe and well taken care of. It still hurts.

And to my other half, I am sorry from the bottom of my heart for that.
You gave Mikmik and Morisson a home and so they gave you. I hope that one day we can get that home back. Thank you for that.

When I came across this picture today, taken for a project called underwater friends, by the littlefriendsphoto.com  I thought that maybe there is something I can do to help more souls:


This is a project of taking pictures of animals underwater. Funded by second chance photos, which helps save pets through photography, with the help of professional photographers. You can buy the printout of these spectacular photos and help save the life of many animals. Please check the links out or share this.


I had to put a few of my favorite pictures here, some of them are just regular shots and not underwater, but I think they are amazing too, they all have a story behing them , which you can read about in their facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/LittleFriendsPhoto


  And with this funny one of the real Sid from the ice age I invite you again, to donate and help these precious creatures, so much love they have in them.

Have a nice weekend, The mad scientist

No comments:

Post a Comment