Total Pageviews

Monday, February 13, 2012

Be My Valentine ?

Love this for a living area wall!

What a long day.
I had to travel a whole lot alone today. It was a bit warmer than a couple of days ago (That is if you consider 2 Degrees Celsius warm).

And I was looking for something special to make my husband for Valentine's day.
I wanted to give him something special, something that represents us, and we can do together. I am going to take him out for Sushi (our favorite) and a Muppet movie.
On the way back home I thought I would make him happy, and since his biggest hobby is video games, I got him a video game magazine , which he of course Loved.

When I came home, he gave me the most beautiful card which said to my wife, and my best friend on the envelope.
The card is personal, but I think it was one of the most beautiful and special ones he ever gave me. It's like every word in it was so intense.

Thank you sweet angel of mine, for allowing me to be your friend. I love you.

Later in the evening I came up with a sort of a different valentine's day card.
Since I am very much into Scrapbooking, I have been browsing the internet for a long time now, inhaling ideas and inspiration. Who is better to share it with than my best friend, and so, I decided to create a scrap valentine's day.

And here it is, dedicated to my best friend, My husband:


My first Scrap Page.

Since I don't have a lot of Material and almost no budget, I had to be creative.

I used a ribbon to create small roses 
And using a pencil I made a background
for the writing : Love is sleeping on your lover's
Shoulder every night


Do you remember my second hand Stamps
I used a blue pencil to write inside them
I love you
And I also circled the outer corners


I made tags from scrap paper and tide a knot from
Yarn on them, ontop I cut of an old dictionary the 
definition of love and glued it to the tag.
With the rest of the paper I wrote with a fine liner : 
Love is marrying your best friend 
and our wedding date



I cut of some fonts from the paper and I also 
found this love bird cute, so now he sings in hearts
I did the same tag, but this time with the
definition of the word friendship


And that was it.
My Man really loved it! He put it on display and is very careful not to smear the ink.
I love him so much.
Happy valentine's day angel, for many more to come.
your wife, the mad scientist.

No comments:

Post a Comment