Total Pageviews

Friday, February 3, 2012

Let it Snow Kermi...


Fun in the snow with my best friend

So many things to tell and so little time to have for it. Where should I begin? so much has happened since my last blog, and so, this blog will be especially long and nice... I apologize upfront ;) 

It all started 2 nights ago. The temperatures dropped below zero, and it started to snow a little bit:


So I woke up to a very nice sight of thin layered snow everywhere


We went to the supermarket to grab some groceries and visited our grandpa, and with who gave me a lot of muppet points, and so, as a I mentioned earlier in my blog, I spared enough muppet points and...

I got Kermit the frog! :) yay!!!


I was so happy with him, and apparently so did him since he started posing and modelling for the camera immediately , he was just unstoppable... boy...  




As you see he wanted his own modelling book, and I had to corporate



So did my man


And even opa


Speaking of Opa, he got me a very nice Kliko , that is a garbage can, in a shape of ...
a garbage can , and it's turquoise, my favorite color. Eventually he met it's mini me pen holder and they became friends


Since we were freezing, opa suggested to take us home, but he didn't think he should take his scraper out to get in the frozen car



Yes opa, it was -2 degrees in the middle of the day... well I thought that was very cold

Then we walked back home, and I managed to see again, how beautiful a combination of a thin layer of snow , sun and Holland can be ...





Later on, Kermi found it's place on our window, making a deeper friendship with my man of course 


Kermi woke up alone, but happy to the morning chill ... 


Feeling a little bit lonely so I thought we should find a friend for him... 

I thought that that was it for this winter. Just a thin layer of snow , but nope, it wasn't.
Nature had other plans ... 
when we were waiting for the bus, it started to snow again, this time I actually noticed that the shape of a now flake is real, it really does look like a flake , amazing



It was sooo cold.
We went to the center of Rotterdam, since my man wanted to get me a surprise for Valentines day (I love him so much!) and he is not telling me what it is... 




The whole city was covered with snow

Lunch Anyone?

I think that even the grayest place can become very beautiful if you look at it in the snow. 
It's like having everything covered with powdered sugar. and I love powdered sugar. on everything. 


Glazed Peugeot anyone? A topped Cabriolet? 

Me and my man checked out some outfits for Carnaval (like Halloween here) 
My man as inigo montoya (you killed his father, prepare to die ...) 


But my favorite, the town sheriff (yii haa)


The funny thing is, it's snowing so hard outside, and they are already putting things for Easter (or Pasen in Dutch) 


Then, without any warning, she appeared 


Miss Piggy, looking for her Kermi which was safe and very warm in our house. 
Immidiately she started posing in the snow


And even tried to get a kiss from my man, who obviously wasn't very happy with that


I forgave her , since she is a Muppet and a pig after all... 

On the way back, there was a huge traffic jam , even the bus ride took too long


But when we finally returned to our neighborhood, it was amazingly beautiful 




Children and adults took their sleds and started sledding on the snow



The cold was freezing everything making ice drips on the cars


Piles of snow

And a very red nose, I could use my earmuffs again, yay!






I couldn't believe how different it can become in just 48 hours, from Sun to freezing Snow. 


Where is my house entrance exactly?



It was 12 Degrees Celsius inside our house, and we found it very warm (In comparison with the outside of course) 


A view from my kitchen window


Finally we can rest, and isn't it a lovely evening when Miss Piggy and her Kermit can rest together on our window ? 


Have a warm evening the mad scienitss ;) 

1 comment:

  1. My daughter, the left-handed bass player, pointed out that Kermit is a left-handed banjo player. In fact, most, if not all, Muppets are left-handed because the actors are using their right hands to work the mouth and body, leaving the left hand to make gestures or play instruments. Smart kid, that one. I also posted some photos on my Facebook ...

    ReplyDelete