Total Pageviews

Monday, January 30, 2012

Freezing Adventures


Holland can be beautiful, did I already mention it? This is a picture taken in Nootdoorp, a suburb of the Hague in the Netherlands, Where me and Bas were walking, more like freezing on the way back to the metro...

The cow is actually not real. It's a statue, but we did notice a couple of real ones, and also some sheep with blue behinds... yes it was weird to me too, but it turns out that they were marked,  this marks that the sheep are impregnated. Odd...

This weekend we went to the market again, this time it was a smaller market and we actually went with our friends Hans and Lisa.
The guys had to ,unfortunately, carry the bags


Oh, mentioning the blue butted sheep, we went past the butt store , maybe that's where the sheep got the blue paint hahaha :)


 Hans and Lisa were very happy to share some of the vegetables and fruit from the market with us. How else are you going to divide a bag with 20 apples, 5 kg's worth of potatoes, and half a kilo of Endive? We decided to make a habit of it... It saves a lot of money and it's always nice and fresh...

Here is what we got back with this time, and look how much of a mess it
made of Lisa's beautiful new kitchen :)



So many berries. We had some wonderful pancakes from this berries. it was delicious.

We got a lot of Kohlrabi , carrots and some red onions, so I made a very tasty root oven vegetables dish, with some olive oil and some wonderful Italian herbs. My man loved it. and he made the most tasty meat ever (like always) to go along with it.
It really looked like Gourmet food :)


Have a I mentioned it is freezing over here?
Tonight it is - -5 °C . It is going to get to -11 on Thursday. Unbelievably cold. 
Here is me, with my earmuffs. I love them. they are always with me in my bag, but today, I actually had to use them. I hope it snows tomorrow, I love Holland in the snow.

Signing off, the red nose, cold mad scientist ;) 





No comments:

Post a Comment