Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Where is Elvis and the Bookfair

Do you have a feeling like sometimes life creates things you wished for ?

Well, it happened to me today.
Lately I was very much interested in scrap booking.  It is a sort of an art to create your own photo album, with your own message.


So as it goes, today, Instead of being lazy on Sunday morning, Me, my man and our friends went to a really cool book-fair in Ahoy Rotterdam. It was a very big yearly fair with a ton of really cheap books in Dutch and in English, and it had lots of other surprises, which I will show you later. I felt so happy due to this fair. It made me ecstatic.

Here we are in front of the Ahoy concert hall/ event hall, just to show you
how big this hall is. I believe there were around 1000 people their today.


When we entered I immediately saw the nice stalls with all kind of wonderful books, in every possible subject:
Romance novels:


Children books , including toy books, which were neatly organized in nice boxes
Everything was so nicely organized:


Well, maybe not everything ;)


I have a thing with Sesame Street, and I just found this Elmo coloring workbook so adorable:


Science Fiction and Thriller books, this was my man's section



It was such a relaxing experience to walk around so much books, to look, to feel the books, to enjoy that cultural experience and atmosphere...


And here is my man enjoying his Sunday too:


I must say that the books were extremely cheap, some for as low as 60 cents, and the new ones were around 2-3 Euro's, when in the store they can reach an average price of 15 Euros. What a great cultural bargain.

I have seen some books which I couldn't afford, and I would love to have. I would definitely come back next year to get these books:

The Little Prince, it was the beautiful purple version , which was quite big, but contained a few more beautiful stories


Nursery Stitch, was a sweet book about creating dolls for small children, which I thought was very cute

And some design books: Beautiful walls and organized storage solutions, which as you probably know right now, I love


I continued strolling and  got to 2 very funny books, one of them is called "Where is Elvis and many others" in which you have to find Elvis. Sort of "Where is Wallie" , but more music stars version

Following him, was , what else but Where's Michael and many others. These were Hillarious and managed to put a smile on my and my man's face.


As I continued to enjoy the book fair, I was delighted to see this sign:


Since it was followed by heavenly filled boxes like these with crafting materials, and of course Scrap Booking materials. It is very hard to get cheap materials for scrap booking here in Holland, so you can only imagine how delighted I was to see all of this


What a nice feeling digging in those boxes, and finding things you just LOVE.
And here are some beautiful wrapping papers. Don't you think the mix of colors is just great?



I love crafts and crafting, everything creative does it to me. Any form of expression of creativity is always welcomed by me, and so I managed to get a few gems in this book fair , which will give me a lot of creative times:

*Simple City's How to use a sewing machine, in English. Which was something I wanted for a long time now. All I have to do now, is get a sewing machine, and start sewing... my head is exploding with ideas. I can't wait to use that...


  * Scrapbook tips and techniques , which is over 700 pages of scrapbook pages & Tips


And lot more amazing surprises. Well here is my loot: A few cooking books, scrap booking books, the Simpson's book (That was a really cool one), a few nice reading books, and lots of craft material, I am so excited about this...


Here is my man's Loot:


And here is what a great few hours with great friends ended up with :


Later we had a nice dinner with our friends, which ended yet another happy Sunday.
What a great way to start the week. I am defiantly coming back next year.
Signing off, the crafty Mad scientist.

No comments:

Post a Comment