Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 19, 2012

What to do on a rainy day?

Yesterday was a really wet and rainy day. My man wasn't feeling so good, and I thought about how I can make him happy.

Then I had an idea:
Chocolate cookies.

I looked up and ended up with this recipe for the most amazing chocolate cookies in the world.
עוגיות שוקולד שוקולד צ'יפס 1 (צילום: חן שוקרון ,אוכל טוב)

Ingredients (for 25 cookies)
* 220 gr pure dark chocolate
* 30 gr butter
* 1/4 cup (35 gr) flour
* 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
* A pinch of salt
* 2 Large sized eggs, in root temperature.
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 1 bag of vanilla sugar
* 150 gr chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate (in chunks)

Preparation
1. Preheat an oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
2. Put the dark chocolate and the butter in a bowl , melt them on a banne marie (ontop of boiling water) until you get a smooth mixture. let it get cool.
3. Mix the flour , baking powder and the salt together in a small bowl.
4. In the mixing bowl, mix the eggs with the sugar and the vanilla sugar, until you recive a puffy and light mixture. Continue mixing 5 more minutes. Lower the speed to the lowest speed, and add the melted chocolate. Continue mixing until the chocolate is completely in the mixture.
5. Add the flour mixture from the small bowl and using a spatula fold it in the foamy mixture until the flour is completely absorbed in the mixture.
6. Add the chocolate chips / chopped chocolate until it is homogeneously spread in the mixture.
7. Using an ice cream spoon or 2 regular teaspoons you put an amount of one spoon on a baking paper padded baking tray , keeping big spaces between the cookies (they spread).
8. Bake 9 minutes only. Let the cookies cool completely.
9. You can keep the cookies for up to 3 days in a sealed box in room temperature.



My cookie box is vintage, It has a beautiful print of Wind mills and Dutch houses in a row. I think every box has a story and I wonder what people used to put in them... was it cookies? candy? I am sure it brought joy to someone once



I just have to say: this is the before picture (as you can see I indeed put them in the cookie box)


It took about half an hour and this is what happened:


And so at least my man and his grandpa were very happy:



Now isn't it a nice idea for a very rainy day?

Eet Smaakelijk! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment