Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Second hand and furry friends

To me if you ask what love is
This picture says it all

I remind you guys that my indiegogo project 2 hearts in one house,  is still ongoing, please share this :) 
Here is the direct link:

I already told you how much I love the second hand shop in Rotterdam which I go and visit every now and then. That sensation of finding treasures and vintage items for almost no money is amazing to me. 

I think that here in Holland people keep their stuff in really good stuff. Some as good as new, and that is why it is always so nice for me to find things I can re-use.

This time I took you with me. The kringloop winkel is a relatively large store where all the second hand items are brought in by donations usually and treated with so much respect... 


The staff arranges all the items by departments, you can see here that these are baskets, and decorative stuff.
I saw these 2 beautiful vintage sewing machines, which I thought were wonderful



How about this "Disco table"? self made I guess ...


It's the second time I see this organ, it doesn't play very well , but is so beautiful in my eyes. what do you think? 


When we walked back home, we met a furry friend, who wanted to say hi:


He was all covered with his rain coat and everything ;)


Of course he brought his friends. The big one was protecting the small one all the time, as we approached. It was just beautiful. Mother Nature is remarkable sometimes... 


And my man also made a new friend :) 


While we were waiting for the bus, I saw them again, they are everywhere these days 


And so , this time, I had a lot of loot and found some really cool stuff:


 * A Cookie box, vintage with English bears on it. To be later used as a cracker box.
* A Sesame Street box, I already have the Elmo one, so my man found another one for me. I thought it was very nice. I put stamps in it.
* A English Dutch dictionary.
* A World Atlas in Dutch.
* A Cookie monster towel kitchen hanger. you will see later how useful it was.
* 2 tin boxes for sugar and for gravies.
* 1 m&m's doll to join his friend on my window.
* 4 stamps with a stamp pad of forever friends bears. For my book scraping.
* A huge box which in I put all my pasta and noodles.
* A stencil of Holland, which I thought was cute with cows ,houses and windmills.

That all cost 5 Euros. How about that?
Later on we had dinner , chicken medallions, with sweet pepper from our market visit, and some bami , which is Chinese noodles. Yum, my man cooks so good ...


The next day I started putting my loot into place , so here is my gravy box reasting nice next to my spices box.


Underneath it in our rack, there are now 2 beautiful boxes, instead of a huge mess.


And my favorite item, the cookie monster, needed some cleaning , but now is holding my towels


Amd can also hold a spoon on his head. How cute is he?


And the m&m's fire brigade now is resting next to his friend on my window


Here is a close up on my new vintage stamp set


And of course the beautiful box in where I keep them. Did I mention I L-O-V-E Sesame street?


Then my man went into our bedroom with a hammer and a few nails and a few minutes later, I saw a wonderful decoration he did for it , 3 hearts on a rope, in 3 sizes. I love the assymetry in which he hung the hearts in, he has a true sense of decorating and style too 


With this beautiful view of my window I sign off tonight, have a wonderful day 
The mad scientist :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment